Students ‘Ask Sue’

Students ‘Ask Sue’

With the spring semester getting underway, President Sue Henderson encouraged students to send her questions regarding any subject they deemed important. Here are some of the questions the president has answered so far via the NJCU YouTube channel.

The responses have been slightly edited for space. Students can email [email protected] with any questions. If you have any questions the president was not able to immediately address send them to [email protected].

I hear that NJCU may be bringing back track and field. Is this true?

Yes, I’m meeting next week with our Athletic Director Alice De Fazio and my vice president, and we’re gonna be figuring out ways that we can bring back track.

I read news about that new business school in Downtown Jersey City, which is terrific. When will it open? Can I take all my classes in the new building?

We’re working on it. When (students) begin to take their business courses they should be taking them in the new building because it’s close to where the financial industry is and allows you to have opportunities for internships and working in those industries.

Why does the library close so early? The hours are so short on the weekdays and especially on Sundays, can you help?

It’s something that I would like to see us increase. I’m gonna work with the provost to see if we can work on this because I think it’s important that we make the library available to students.